Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

An ASF 24 375,000 BTU overhead Lenox overhead gas furnace will

Customer Question

An ASF 24 375,000 BTU overhead Lenox overhead gas furnace will fire then shut off. We have determined that it may be the flame sensor. What should we do. How do we get it out. Is there a way to clean it. We have no parts - can some other brand be substituted or where do we order parts from -fast. Is there a phone number we can call. There are no Lenox dealers within 200 miles.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 8 months ago.
Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need.If the unit has a separate flame sensor, you should be able to pull it out and shine up the steel rod portion with some steel wool or emery cloth. 9 times out of 10 that will do it without replacing it.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 8 months ago.
Did you have any questions on this?