Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician
Experience:  hvac technichian at performance plumbing and heating

I am renting a Lennox Efficiency 95 furnace with humidity control

Customer Question

I am renting a Lennox Efficiency 95 furnace with humidity control (purchased in 2007) - was told I should adjust the humidity as my windows are having condensation but have no idea how to do that - can you help?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 6 months ago.
hi i am dan i can help you with this. the easiest way for me to help you with this would be if you can take some pictures of the furnace showing all the components attached to it and i can help you locate your humidifier and humidistat. also check the thermostat to some thermostats also control the humidity.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I don't have an I phone and am going to have to have my son take photos and route them. Will try and get to it tonight. Was hoping you could help without needing photos. I know it's a 2007 model.
I can try to help you without it but would be very difficult since you are not familiar with your system. Humidifiers are an additional accesory. They will have nothing to do with the furnace. They will be mounted on the main duct somewhere and the humdistat will be mounted on the main return duct.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Daniel, I had my son take some photos and have attached them as files below. Please let me know if any other photos would be helpful. Thank you!
Ok based on those photos the control for the humidity is either up high close to the celing mounted on the duct or it is somewhere in the living area usually close to the thermostat or part of the thermostat. It will usually have one dial on it. You should be able to just turn it to off.