Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Oh ! I have an Ideal Logic system 18 boiler that is flashing

Customer Question

Oh Hi! I have an Ideal Logic system 18 boiler that is flashing F 1. We have no hot water or heating! Can I fix it myself??
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Ummm! The gauge is almost on 0
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.
Hello, look on the wiring diagram for the boiler and tell me what the code read out for an F-1 error code is. Next tell me a lot about your technical skills sets, and tell me if the boiler is a basement or not, and about how old it is. So far with the pressure gauge at almost zero, it sounds like there is a water leak in that system that needs to be located and repaired then the boiler re-pressurized.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
F1 reads...... Low Water Pressure. It's not very old, maybe 2012 It's located in my kitchen and feeds the water tank 2 floors above.
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.
Thanks, ***** ***** need some plumbing skills to locate and repair the water leak, then repressurize the boiler, bleed the air. If you have those plumbing skills there is about a 70% chance that I can coach you to a repair. If you do not have those plumbing skills, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and will get you a short list of well rated boiler service outfits in your area, and coach you on how to deal with them.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thanks but NO! I don't have the skills, plus this a rental property, so i will call the agent first things tomorrow morning! Cheers
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.
That sounds like a very good plan.