Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

My name is ***** *****. I have a Ruud Achiever90 plus. Yesterday

Customer Question

Hi,my name is ***** *****. I have a Ruud Achiever90 plus. Yesterday I noticed that the house was cold. I checked the thermostat and it was calling the furnaceto turn on,but it wasn't. I went to the furnace changed the filter and had a look around. I didn't see anything so I put the cover back on. As soon as I did that the fan started then the furnace. It only blew cold air for a couple of minutes then it stopped. It hasn't ran since.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I thought I was very descriptive in my question. What do you need to know?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 6 months ago.
Hello, tell me a lot about your technical skills background and if you have a multi meter or not so that I can coach you most effectively. The problem 95 times out of 100 will require a part replacement, this will not be a push button sort of a fix most likely. We can go from here without a time limit.