Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Wet air filter but condensation pan is draining. JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

wet air filter but condensation pan is draining.
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Soaking wet air filters. Drain is open. Seems to be falling from condenser directly onto filter below it.
JA: Anything else I can tell the HVAC Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: I had completely removed blower and cleaned entire interior from this problem. Drain is open and water is coming out where it should be.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 6 months ago.
Hello I am HVAC GURU, Is the pan leaking?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
There is no pan under the coils just a plastic trough at the base with a drain tube.
IS there a crack in it? The water has to be coming from a crack where the condensate from the A coil is
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.