Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Trouble Shooting 8145-20 issues following someone's else&#

Customer Question

"Trouble Shooting 8145-20 issues following someone's else's work"
I am working on a walk in freezer unit ( new customer ) someone wired the defrost timer wrong at some point in time the owner tells me that they have had frosting problems for some time I was able to defrost the unit by pulling the disconnect on the compressor and putting the timer into defrost mode if i were not to pull the disconnect the compressor would run and fight the defroster the way the have this timer wired when in defrost mode it shows power at L1 & L2 at the same time and when it's in normal mode the same thing power at L1 & L2 I also show full time power reading at the the X screw for solenoid and that is not supposed to show full time power this is how I have found it I am in the process of tracing the wires so I can determine what is going on here not sure what the heck they did wrong and where. "too many fingers involved"
Thanks Please Advise
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 6 months ago.
Hi Dave..... what can I help you out with.
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 6 months ago.
Can we start with a model and serial number of the unit you are working on?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Paragon defrost timer 8145-20
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
do you have a record of what I already sent earlier this evening ?
I relocated to the job site
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you there ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am new to this site why am I not getting a response ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am not happy with this lack of service for you and I am canceling please refund my feeThank you
David Hellyer
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Your system is not working for me I would like a refund I am not happy with your service there is something wrong and this has been a huge waste of my timeNot impressed
David Hellyer
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 6 months ago.
I think you need to be a little patient, as I have waited for your response, it does take time to respond to you as well.
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 6 months ago.
I requested at 5:38 for model and serial number, I have not see a response to those yet..... It is roughly 1-1/2 hrs from your reply from my initial response of 13 minutes...........
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am new to your site this is not working as I expected so I feel it is a waste of my time
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Oh but I did respond with the model number I also stated that I was trying to work from my laptop not my phone I gave my email address with no response from your Aunt I do not want to work off of a cell phone I don't know what more I can say to you this is no fun for me either not liking the way this system works
Expert:  Technician HVAC replied 6 months ago.
Hey dave, Im a different expert here you wanna try and solve this tonight? Or do you want me to put in a for a refund like you requested above? Ill be on for awhile tonight and we can talk back and forth?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We can try and see if this works I'm ready time 10:55pm
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you still available ?