Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

Had a gas leak and the gas company came out. No problem with

Customer Question

Had a gas leak and the gas company came out. No problem with the furnace, but, the gas co. said our furnace has a recall due to nox rods. The model of the Lennox furnace is GS15Q3/4X-80-2, manufacturer no.(###) ###-####built in 08/88. Called Lennox dealer and will be a couple hundred to look at it. I'm not finding any recall on this model. Is there truly a recall?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Kcrand36 replied 6 months ago.
Hi Jenny, I am Kevin one of the Tech's here on JA. I am not a lennox dealer, so I cannot be 100% sure, but if the gas company said there was a recall on your particular furnace, it should be listed on the state/federal consumer protection website. Googling your model number did come up with furnaces from lennox that did have recalls. Your's is not listed. That does not mean that there is not a recall for it, but honestly, your furnace is 28 years old, and I'm sure that you would benefit greatly updated your furnace to a much more energy efficient one. Here is the link I found, Let me know if I can help more.....