Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My 2014 Colman Mach AC compressor won't come on. JA: I'll

Customer Question

My 2014 Colman Mach AC compressor won't come on.
JA: I'll do all I can to help, Colman Mach AC compressor will not come on. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Two nights ago we had the heat pump running and it started to surge. It would come on then stop almost immeadiatly. After about 5 times I shut it off. Since then the compressor won't come on. the fan comes on and then after a while we get only warm air.
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the HVAC Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: No, that's about it. I chacked and the coils are clean and unobstructed.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 1 year ago.
Hello, do you have a detailed model or series number to go with the Coleman Mach AC data you sent? That will help me locate the exact manual for it.Tell me a lot about your technical skills and if you have and use a multimeter and clamp around amp meter or not. I can coach you most effectively from there.