BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a Ruud UHLA-HM3617JA air handler. Recently, the blower

Customer Question

I have a Ruud UHLA-HM3617JA air handler. Recently, the blower has started to turn on again after shutting of on "auto" when cooling. It will run until the temperature is correct and shut off with the compressor. After a few seconds, it comes back on without the compressor, runs for a minute or so and shuts off again.
When running in the "on" setting, the blower reduces to circulate speed instead of staying constant when the compressor shuts off.
I replaced the thermostat and that did not help. I am guessing there is a blower relay, timer or control board that is going south.
I don't have a wiring diagram so I can't identify the part.
Any advice?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.
Hello, I am Luke, here to assist you.Are you still there?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
yes
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.
Hey you should find the wiring diagram inside the air handler
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
"Should" is the hope. I don't have a wiring diagram is the fact
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.
Well it is no where to be found on the net, could find that on monday when dealer opens, sorry I couldn't help you.
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 8 months ago.
Hello, Actually the info is available. The issue will likely end up being a module on the motor. This is an X13 motor which has constant 220v but gets low voltage signals to determine speed.I will give you your wiring as well as a x13 service manual Service Manual Picture of wiring attached