Airheatman, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Furnace, A/C and heat pump specialist.

I want to find the breaker thermostat.

Customer Question

***** *****.I want to find the breaker for the thermostat. Is it the samebreaker as the furnace?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: OK. I have two furnaces and two thermostats. I have changed the thermostats without cutting the power. However, I was thinking of putting the two furnaces (each with their own circuit of course) on one thermostat. Can this be done?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Airheatman replied 6 months ago.
One thermostat can not control two furnaces as each has it's own 24 volt transformer to thermostat and this would cause a backfeed to burn up one or both transformers.