Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

When my heating is off my boiler is reading 0.9bar pressure.

Customer Question

hi when my heating is off my boiler is reading 0.9bar pressure. when I put the heating on the pressure increases to 2.5 bar and the gauge well into the red, with water dripping from the boiler???
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the HVAC Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: nope
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 1 year ago.
Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.What you describe indicates your expansion tank/vessel has failed. If the water in the system has no where to expand to (normally the expansion tank) as it heats up (it expands) then the pressure will rise excessively.