Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

My rheem ac oustside unit is not kicking in i opened and the

Customer Question

my rheem ac oustside unit is not kicking in i opened and the switch in the middle is not connecting when i press it compressor and fan turns on
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: when i press the middle switch in the outside unit all is turning on but only when i overited and press my self
JA: Soon. I'm trying to find the right HVAC Technician for you right now. As soon as they are ready, I will let you know.
Customer: the model is 030jaz rheem heat pump
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Anything else I can tell the HVAC Technician before I connect you two?
Customer: it is a heat pump
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 6 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am GURU an extremely experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and personally did not receive that money. The only way I am credited is when you use the STAR/VOTE RATING SYSTEM at the top of your page. Lastly when we are done please post to me that you would like me "GURU" credited before supply the rating so there is no confusion on the tech to be credited for the question. Thank you!

You are not getting your 24 volt signal to the contactor most likely. You should check with a meter for 24 volts AC to the contactor, if you do not have it there check for any resets on the outside unit that may have tripped. If they are all good you should check inside where the air handler or furnace is. Get to the board inside there and check the fuse on the board you may have blown the 3-5amp slot fuse on the board and that will cause that issue as well.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.
would be the capacitor going bad ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the unit was working of and on when i turned of the power then the ac compresor would work again. until now the middle switch is not conecting unless i press it my self

That is a low voltage issue the 24 volt signal is not being supplied to that part you are pressing or that part is bad if power is going to it.