Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

How much should I budget to replace a heat pump condensing

Customer Question

How much should I budget to replace a heat pump condensing unit and air handler in a 1600 square foot house in Venice Florida? ductwork and line voltage wiring are existing. I assume 3.5 tons at 350 square feet per ton. Ceiling heights are mostly 8 feet, some 7 and some cathedral, so I figure average 8 feet $5000? $6000? My name is***** i am a licensed architect.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Like what?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

Phil, a lot will depend on the installer you choose and type (brand) of equipment, but I think $7500 would be a fair estimate.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 8 months ago.

You did say BOTH air handler and condenser, correct?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 8 months ago.

Did you have any questions on this?