Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I have an older Carrier Weather Maker 8000 Furnace that

Customer Question

I have an older Carrier Weather Maker 8000 Furnace that stops working and I have to switch the power switch off and back on for it to start again. Is it the thermastate
JA: I'll do all I can to help, Carrier Weather Maker. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It turns off and I have to switch the power switch off and then on again to get it to go again. Only happens a couple of times a week.
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

What is the full model number of the furnace, please?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Carrier Weather Maker 8000 Mod. # *****