Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.

I've got a carrier fv4b electric furnace and variable-speed

Customer Question

I've got a carrier fv4b electric furnace and variable-speed blower motor! The motor won't turn off! I've replaced the board! Didn't fix it! Got any ideas?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It does have a carrier prograble t-stat w/ hum/dhumidistat built into it! The heat & cooling works fine with the t-stat! And yes it's in the auto mode not fan on mode! Lol!
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I'm aware of!
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

You say the blower won't turn off? Try disconnecting all the thermostat wires from the board and see what happens.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I did the r, g, & com terminals on the board!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Not on all terminals @ once
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.

Take ALL thermostat wires off and see what happens.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay I'm heading back over there now I'll let u know what I find out in about 15 min!
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.

OK, thanks.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.

If blower still runs with thermostat wires disconnected, then connect them back. Check your board. Do you have a wire jumpered across in the CONTINUOUS FAN mode as shown here? If so, remove that wire and tape. I have to leave for about 45 minutes, but will check back when I return.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.

What'd you find?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Thanks for the help! The customer wasn't home and never returned my calls so I'm going to try this in the mourning! Sorry I didn't get back w/ you earlier! But I do know the jumper is on the board cause I moved it from hi to low so that I could tell if & when the cooling mode was on or off @ t-stat! Thanks again I really appreciate your help! I'll let u know what happens tomorrow if their home! Thanks again man!
Expert:  Tim H. replied 7 months ago.

No problem.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 6 months ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any more questions.