Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

We just moved into a house with heat pump. It only heats if

Customer Question

We just moved into a house with heat pump. It only heats if the target temperature is at least 75 and then eventually resets to around 72 automatically.
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: It seems to work ok if it's target temperature is at least 74 or 75, but otherwise blows cold.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: We connected to an AT&T digital system when we first moved in. That's all I can think of.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I am Luke, here to assist you.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am new to using heat pumps. We just moved into this house 2 months ago and are still learning. When we want to heat the house, anything under a target temperature of 75 blows mostly cold air. However, if its target temperature is 75 or above, the heat comes out fine. However, for some reason it will eventually reset to a lower setting on its own.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I am done assisting another customer, I you ready?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I am new to using heat pumps. We just moved into this house 2 months ago and are still learning. When we want to heat the house, anything under a target temperature of 75 blows mostly cold air. However, if its target temperature is 75 or above, the heat comes out fine. However, for some reason it will eventually reset to a lower setting on its own
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Any suggestions
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

I order to better assist you I would need t-stat model along with heatpump and furnace model.

You can also opt for direct phone conversation.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Can't do call right now. I just looked up model: Carrier 24ABA
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

It seems to me that your t-stat is running under a schedule program, you will need to reset your t-stat, I cant tell you how cause of insufficient info of your equipment.

If you have a HOLD button or option on your t-sat you should click that. and set your temp..