Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Replaced flammable vapor sensor and my Honeywell valve is

Customer Question

Replaced flammable vapor sensor and my Honeywell valve is still growing the fault. How do I reset this valve. Wv4460e2022
JA: Huh?
Customer: Honeywell natural gas valve model # ***** Its blinking seven times which indicates a flammable vapor sensor fault. I replaced the sensor and its still blinking.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No just this
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

Assuming this is a Rheem power vented unit, you cycle the power off then back on again then turn the temp dial all the way up then all the back down 7 times within 30 seconds

Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I am Luke here to assist you, here is what normally works, try that

Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

Shut off on off switch on you gas valve, shut off power to hot water tank, then power, wait 10min, then power back on, on off switch back on. that in usual procedures.

Note to customer, dont forget to click ACCEPT ANSWER and rate me after we are done and you are satisfied.

Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

If the reset procedure that was outlined in my initial response does't work let me know.

Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

.