Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

My thermostat display is blank. Replaced the batteries with

Customer Question

Hi my thermostat display is blank. Replaced the batteries with new ones and cleaned the terminals. I still have no display.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have a Chronogyr Rev 15 thermostat. I went to turn the thermostat on but the display has nothing on it. I replaced the batteries and then reset holding down the appropriate buttons and still have no display.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 7 months ago.

Russ here. If thermostat is blank. No display is no power to thermostat. You have changed batteries and reset thermostat. You have bad thermostat. Replace thermostat. Power surges and even static electricity will cause this problem, Russ

Do you still need help with thermostat. Russ