Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We have a one and a half story house. We have a separate

Customer Question

We have a one and a half story house. We have a separate HVAC for the up stairs that controls a bonus room and two bedrooms. The bonus room has a thermostat and the another thermostat that controls the bedrooms . The problem is that the zones do nothing t shut off. When bonus room thermostat is running, the bedrooms are also running, although the bedroom thermostat is OFF. Seems that something isn't functioning correctly with the baffles or the bedroom thermostat. In other word, we cannot set the bedrooms at a different temperature and it work
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: When the system is on, it is running on both sides. Nothing shutting off on the opposite side, thank you
JA: Our top HVAC Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the HVAC Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the HVAC Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  gotoman for ac replied 1 year ago.

From what you have described you have stuck damper. Dampers operate either power open or power closed. Either way you have s stuck or open damper. Some dampers dampers have a red and green light that tell you open and closed. If you can see dampers inspect and let me know if you have the lights. Green is open red is closed. Russ

Do you still need help with damper system. Russ