Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

Ineed help with the Ritetemp 830C unit. The wiring coming

Customer Question

Ineed help with the Ritetemp 830C unit. The wiring coming from the heater and AC is color coded Green, Blue, Brown, Red and White.
The RH and RC connector screws are tied together. I need to know where to connect the wires as colored above go to the 830C? The 830C has 2 1.5 volt batteries installed. It is a 24V system.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

What kind of system do you have? Heat pump or standard furnace and central AC?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I HAVE A RITETEMP 8030C being used for my furnace and AC system. The 8030 uses 24V and the AC is a Lenox unit. There are 5 color coded wires coming from the furnace and AC.They are Green, Blue, Brown, Red and White. On the thermostate the RH and RC terminals are connected together. They are probably common for the units. I am trying to figure out where to put the color coded wires to attach the thermostat. In other words, what color goes where?
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

I need to know the type of system you have as wiring differs in a heat pump vs a standard furnace and central AC.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I don't want to spend another $24. for a phone call. Just provide me with a written answer, please. If you wish to call me(###) ###-####feel free. However, do not charge me for the call.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

We don't need to do a phone call. but it is VERY IMPORTANT you answer my questions so I can help. I need to know whether you have a heat pump or just a standard gas furnace and central AC.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have just a standard gas furnace and central AC.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Green goes to G, red to RC-RH, white to W or W1, and blue to Y. You shouldn't need the brown.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, I will give it a try and get back to you soon. Send me your email address, please.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

The site will not let us give out our email addresses nor make phone calls unless customer is charged. But you can save this page and come back to our chat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
OK, but in case I lose you, my email is***@******.***.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

OK, should work fine. Let me know if you have additional questions. Otherwise, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any more questions. Remember, you can rate question at any point and still ask more questions (related to the same thing) later on. Experts prefer if you rate question at the end of our first chat.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello Tim,
I wired the ritetemp according to your suggestions. The heater works now and so does the fan. However, the AC does not come on when I test the unit out? I need more help to get the AC working.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Check your blue that goes on Y up at your stat. Is it also connected to Y down at the furnace?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Did you need additional help with this?

Expert:  Tim H. replied 1 year ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions on this. Otherwise, thank you for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (Thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any more questions.