Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.

I have a lennox lf24 (-45A i think) garage heater. when it

Customer Question

i have a lennox lf24 (-45A i think) garage heater. when it turns on, starts running but stays like that. the very odd time the flame will ignite and stay on for a while but the blower will not start and the flame turns off. very rarely it will start up and heat. while it's running i am getting 4 flashes (high limit open)
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

If the main blower won't start the the unit will overheat and shut down with the error you indicate. You need to determine if you have power to the blower motor 45 seconds after the burners ignite. If you have power then you could have a bad start capacitor or a bad motor. If you don't have power to the blower then the board probably needs to be replaced.