Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a Dunkirk Empire II boiler. I have to push the reset

Customer Question

I have a Dunkirk Empire II boiler. I have to push the reset button several times a month. There is an adjacent hot water unit installed next to it. My serviceman is stumped (with no electrical testing done) and says he can start with replacing the cheapest part and work his way up to the most expensive. Sounds a little sketchy to me. The unit is attached electrically to a TACO electronic bos to service the hot water first followed by the baseboard heat circulation pump.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 7 months ago.

Hello, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest town or city and I will see if I can find a competent well rated hydronics (boiler) heating service outfit in your area.

These systems can get way to complex to address on line unless you are significantly skilled in electrical work and have a lot of time.

Let me know what you think, we can go from there.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Why was I charged? I didn't get an answer that helped.
Expert:  Phil replied 7 months ago.

Hello, I am just answering technical questions here. I don't know if you were charged a minimum deposit or not, I do know there are effective refund policies in place if comes to that.

and yes, so far you have *not gotten an answer, let alone one that helped...if you have considerable skills with a multi meter and electrical equipment I can coach you without a time limit then if you appreciate my input you can rate it positively, then and only then am I paid.

Let me know if you want to proceed or send this to the web sites management so you can discuss the matter with them.