Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

I have a Gas Tecnogiess, Inc. decorative fire and need a new

Customer Question

I have a Gas Tecnogiess, Inc. decorative fire and need a new burner for it.Do you know where I can order one or, if not, is there a generic burn that will work as a replacement?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: My fireplace would go out after an hour or so. So I
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: I don't
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to help answer your question(s). Please provide all the information I ask for since I'm not onsite. At the end of our dialog you will be asked to rate my service, but please wait until then and all your question(s) have been answered satisfactorily. If you are not satisfied, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me why before leaving a negative rating and allow me to continue to work with you until we are able to both agree on an outcome to follow. Thanks for your business!

What is the full model number of the unit?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The model is GTI Model 4000TV
Expert:  Tim H. replied 8 months ago.

I checked with my local supplier and that burner is NLA (no longer available). So getting a part to replace will be impossible. Is this burner rusted or unuseable? I also asked if there is a generic replacement and they said, no. These burners are specific to the unit and can't be replaced with a generic part such as a thermopile, for instance.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 8 months ago.

Did you have any additional questions on this?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
No, there are no additional questions at this time.
Thank you very much.
Expert:  Tim H. replied 8 months ago.

Let me know if you have additional questions. Otherwise, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any more questions. Remember, you can rate question at any point and still ask more questions (related to the same thing) later on. Experts prefer if you rate question at the end of our first chat.