Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I had a "flammable vapor sensor lockout" on my Rheem power

Customer Question

I had a "flammable vapor sensor lockout" on my Rheem power vent water heater and can`t seem to get it started again. It still shows the 7 flashes followed by a 3 second pause.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: Last night I had a small sewer backup in my basement which probably tripped my hot water tank. The code says "flammable vapor sensor lock. How do I get this code removed so that it will start heating.
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: I bought a new sensor but that doesn`t seem to help either.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  canuck the pro replied 8 months ago.

Hi my name is ***** ***** I have been in the plumbing field for 20 years. I will be glad to help you today. Is there anything stored around the water heater? Cleaning supplies, paint etc.?

Reply when you can. I will be logging off soon but will be back online tomorrow.

Expert:  canuck the pro replied 7 months ago.

I haven't heard from you. Was the information I provided helpful?