Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

We have 8756-27 unit and it keeps overheating ,we have an

Customer Question

We have Taylor 8756-27 unit and it keeps overheating ,we have an external blower fan that pulls excess heat out and we clean the coils monthly, but it still overheats. Do the newer models have a better cooling system. We can not use a water cooled unit
JA: Sometimes, Taylor, HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

This could be one of several things. You say you have and external blower to help, but has the condenser fan ever been checked or replaced? If this fan is running slow or extremely dirty, it can cause the unit to overheat. Also, location of machine can be important. If there is not plenty of air space around the machine, airflow through the condenser could be restricted.

Expert:  Tim H. replied 8 months ago.

Did you have any questions on this?