BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

I have a rheem furnace ROBOC112QBGA that needs a 24 volt

Customer Question

I have a rheem furnace ROBOC112QBGA that needs a 24 volt thermostat; need the wire diagram to put new one on.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The bad thermostat was removed without marking the wires. We have a lot of wires, but need to know where they go
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: Right now that is the problem; wire diagram would help
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I am Luke , here to help you with that.

What is your make and model of new t-stat?

Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

Can you provide me a detailed picture of your wires spaced out evenly?

To attach a picture from your PC or phone use the paperclip logo attachment just above

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Picture would be difficult... I already put the model and make at least 3 times. Make:RHEEM Model: ROBOC112QBGA
I will do a sketch of the wires and send it.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

Do you have the make and model of new t-stat? not furnace

Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

I have to leave soon can we wrap this up ASAP

Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

Standard wiring is......White wire goes to W, red wire to R, black wire to C, yellow wire to Y, green wire to G

If your wires are not consistent with standard wiring colors, refer to the t-stat wire attached to the oil burner control in your furnace then hook up t-stat with the colors you have.

NOTE TO CUSTOMER: Please take the time to "Rate" the service from the technician. If they are not rated they are not credited for assisting. If you require further information please use "reply".

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The transformer and relay # *****
The transformer has 5 connections, I have 7 wires to place; 1 white, 1 red, and 3 blue
3 wires out of the relay; red, brown, and black. From the furnace: red, black, black with white stripe, and black + blue and 1 white that are line voltage.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

Can you see terminals R C W Y G on the right side burner relay?

I have to go on a service call so if you dont reply promptly, I will have to continue later

Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

you failed to tell me what color wires out of the wall at t-stat

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Thermostat line is black and white. the line out of the furnace is the black and a blue wire, they read 115volts
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

So youre saying that out of the wall at t-stat you have just black and white. thats it?

I noticed you never rated or accepted the experts answer on your last question in 2012 for your mercury outboard, just want to make sure you follow up this time. sometimes folks don't know they have to do that in order for experts to get payed.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We might be having communication problems...
If you mean out of the wall, as out of the place the thermostat is attached to; there are a total of 10 wires coming out. those are the wires I described in the previous note.
I did not know that the technicians don't get paid if they are not rated. How do I correct that?
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

It's to late for the other question, to do that you need to click ACCEPT ANSWER before you log out of page.

Note that we are here to help you as much as we can possible with your info, PICTURES and your competence to follow experts questions.

OK 10 wires will require more information from you/

what else do you have for equipment?

-Heatpump?

Air conditioner?

etc...

Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

If you have old t-stat and if possible with a clear picture of where all the wire go to it would help us alot.

I will be back a little later to continue with you.

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 8 months ago.

Hello my name is Billy.

First of all here is the manual for your unit

Rheem ROBC Manual

Now You have an oil burner...and you are discussing a fan center relay in the furnace. This is not commonly original and is added if ac is installed.

Are you installing a fan center? Or just a thermostat?

Also the furnace uses just T and T terminals for the heat..but depending on how the unit is wired you could have what is called a 2 transformer system...

This would mean at the fan center transformer you would use R,Y,G and C...then 2 wire would run into the furnace and install on the oil primary on (2) T terminals.

I need to know where the wires on T and T currently go...then we can determine if you have a 2 transformer unit

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The transformer was removed, I am trying to replace it. It is a transformer with a relay attached (white-Rogers #37-5786B or 90-113) There are 3 wires out of the relay red, brown and black.
I have 7 wires out of the furnace: red, black, black with white stripe, blue, black and a blue (live 115V) and white
also low voltage 7 wires; 2 are thermostat; 3 blue a red and a white.
can not download the manual.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have PDF and ADOBE readers on my computer; the link you sent, (rheem roboc manual) directs me to a download page that is not PDF.

On the back should be 2 Black wires..one for transformer and one for fan power.

Both of these blacks tie into 115v power.

Red wire goes to heat speed blower

brown wire goes to high speed blower

white to neutral.

To decipher thermostat wires I would need to know what terminals has what color is attached to it.

See if this pic comes through