Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

Customer has 2 UDAP100 in s horse barn. I think builder may

Customer Question

Customer has 2 UDAP100 in his horse barn. I think builder may have had his workers install them. Units have never operated right and had me go check them out. After looking over the units they had never been converted from natural gas to propane.10" WC
on supply side of the valve and 2 1/2 " on the other side of the valve. I put the proper orifice and regulated spring on valve but either unit burns well. Lazy looking flame eventually trips rollout switch. Other unit doesn't even show on control board( yellow light there is a flame) could the pressure onregulater b too low for a good fire
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

Hello, I am here to assist you

Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

Sound like you are running on low pressure, you will need to do a supply pressure test at gas valve and outlet pressure test on the gas valve, make sure you have at least 10WC on outlet, regulator spring should be cranked about 10 full turns

Expert:  Gaztech replied 8 months ago.

As for inspecting an cleaning the power ventor you will have to get the pipe off and remove fan from unit no matter what.

NOTE TO CUSTOMER: Please take the time to "Rate" the service from the technician. If they are not rated they are not credited for assisting. If you require further information please use "reply".