HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

I have the weil mclain series 2 boiler and it is flashing E

Customer Question

i have the weil mclain series 2 boiler and it is flashing E 18 and the water is not getting hot like usuall, i have hit reset twice and it goes right back to E 18?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: thats about it, we were out of town for a couple of days and came home to no hot water
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

This was a problem on the series 2 units with the pump not running after it is done heating then it locks out. Does it start and run for a bit then go to this error?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
first time using this service, are you looking up the answer?

Yes sorry for the delay, you need to order and replace the controller they have upgraded it to prevent that issue.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
what is the controller? how much is it? is there a recall?

There is no recall on it, do you have the complete model and serial I can get you a cost

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
CP5286609 other number 550-224-982(0798)

IS it an ultra 80, 105, 255 etc... ?