Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

F1 fuse is on my Q130SP. I couldn't find in anything in

Customer Question

F1 fuse is blown on my Q130SP. I couldn't find in anything in manual so I tried putting in the spare. It went right away like a dead short. What does it protect?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 8 months ago.

http://www.homecomfortsc.com/files/2-7457.pdf

That should be the manual for it, I will be using it as a reference. None of the diagrams on page 47-48 show an F-1 fuse unfortunately. If it fits into the printed circuit board I will be at a loss to tell you which internal or external circuit is shorted that is blowing the fuse.

If the fuse is on the circuit board, take a photo that shows all the connections and mark each one with numbered tape, then unplug them all, and try it again, if the fuse blows, the printed circuit board is bad.

If the fuse does not blow, reconnect each item until the fuse blows... that approach has about an 80% chance of working, depending on which phase of the firing cycle the short is on.

We can go from there if you wish.