Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

Where are carrier 45M VAV boxes manufactured? are they

Customer Question

where are carrier 45M VAV boxes manufactured? are they stillmade in the USA?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Technician HVAC replied 7 months ago.

I think this is a commercial application correct?

I can tell you, that carrier right now is a sour subject with alot of people including myself...... The majority of the company is already made in mexico, However I believe commercial equipment was already in mexico, But most residential is still local, However that will be changing soon!!!

I hope this helps you get your answers. But I can help you as much as you need with this brand, Im very familiar with there products

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
you never answered my question, so I will rate response as "poor" at this point in time...question was: where are carrier VAV boxes manuf? still manuf in USA?

I reached out to my carrier rep to find out exactly! He was supposed to get back to me today but he hasn't yet, Wanted to make sure what I told you was correct at this time.

Regarding the rating, Ill do what I need to do to receive a positive rating :) So just hang tight and ill get the answer for you!

He says he can't get a actual country of origin for that product. Ill opt out and hopefully someone else has a better connection..... Sorry

Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Lastly the only way to credit me "HVAC GURU" is to STAR RATE my post......NOT another TECHS when we are finished otherwise I will receive no credit.....Thank you!

This unit is made in China and imported here.

The economic downturn of the early 2000s hit Carrier hard as sales of air conditioning and heating systems were dampened. Although the company's profitability was improving, other UTC units were doing much better, prompting David to replace Ayers with Geraud Darnis in October 2001. Darnis, a Frenchman, had served in a number of financial and management positions at Carrier before becoming president of Asian-Pacific operations in 1999 and then being named head of UTC's power group in early 2001. Continuing its cost-cutting efforts, Carrier announced the closure of its heating and air conditioning plant in Lewisburg, Tennessee, in March 2002. Then in October 2003 the firm revealed plans to close down its air conditioning and refrigeration manufacturing plant located just outside of Syracuse and shift the production to plants in China and Singapore—ending 66 years of Carrier manufacturing in the Syracuse area. The company planned to leave behind a reduced workforce of 1,600 people employed in marketing, sales, product support, warehousing, engineering, and research. Between 2001 and 2003, these and other bottom-line-oriented initiatives yielded results: operating profits jumped 54 percent, from $590 million to $911 million. During the same period, revenues were relatively stagnant, increasing only 4 percent, from $8.9 billion to $9.25 billion.

Carrier continued along a similar path in 2004. A commercial air conditioning and ventilation products plant in McMinnville, Tennessee, was closed. In October Carrier acquired Linde Refrigeration, a division of the German firm Linde AG for approximately EUR 325 million ($390 million). Based in Cologne, Germany, Linde Refrigeration was a leader in commercial refrigeration in Europe, with annual sales of about EUR 866 million ($1 billion), and had manufacturing facilities and sales networks throughout Europe, Asia, and South America. In December 2004 Toshiba Carrier acquired a 20 percent interest in the air conditioning division of Guangdong Midea Electric Appliances Co., Ltd. Midea Air Conditioning, with sales of $1.2 billion, was the second largest producer of air conditioning systems in China and held positions in both the residential and light commercial markets. This marked Carrier's first penetration of the residential air conditioning sector in the fast-growing Chinese market.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU