Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

My honeywell thermostat is blinking "cool on" but the ac is

Customer Question

my honeywell thermostat is blinking "cool on" but the ac is not kicking on
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: i just came home to a warm house. The thermostat reads 75 but is set at 71.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: after a while it stops flashing cool on and "cool" stays on
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Do you know if thermostat is battery powered or do you have a wire connected to the C terminal so it has constant power?