Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a prestige excellence 110PE with outdoor sensor. I

Customer Question

I have a prestige excellence 110PE with outdoor sensor. I installed the unit as par too a havoc plan with radiant floor heat in 2010. I have always been in short supply of DHW for the showers and bath at that end of the house. Never got to use the fancy tub that I put in due to not enough hot water. Besides that annoying feature, the boiler has performed well until recently. Lately the hot water is limited to about a 2 minute shower. I have cleaned out the condensate valve at the bottom when it needed and besides that have exercised the many ball valves in the board. I have read on the internet (The main Wall) about 6286 1****,2****,4****
DWH and CH Parameters are 1130 and 4130
INFO items 3 ......
This goes on and on and I do not know where to begin. Any suggestions?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 7 months ago.

Hello, so far it sounds like some of the pipe circuits are air locked and need to be vented or a wide range of other problems.

I need a photo of the piping board and valves taken so I can see all of the piping at the board and where each one goes.

Click here please, tell me if this is the manual for your boiler or not.

See error codes starting on page 6 tell me if any of these are showing up or if your boiler is an older model with such error code display capabilities,

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
After I sent in my question, I looked at the digital readout and it said Error 3. I pushed the reset button and it went through its paces and started to heat the DHW until hit 4196 which I assume is the DHW at 196 F It seems to be working now.
Expert:  Phil replied 7 months ago.

Good work, I am glad the manual page 21 helped.

The domestic hot water should run between 125 and 130F, 196F is completely dangerous (its scalding hot).

Put a thermometer under one of the hot taps to measure the actual water temperature delivered... it should be in the 125-130F range. 140F maximum.

Please do not forget to rate my work, its how I earn a living, and does not affect your charges.

Expert:  Phil replied 7 months ago.

We can go from there without a time limit.