Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

I am trying to set up the auto function on my new

Customer Question

Hi. I am trying to set up the auto function on my new thermostat. I set it up like I thought it should go (according to the manual) but it doesn't seem to work. Can you help?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have an RTH7600 thermostat. As I read the manual, I set it up with the code for automatic. However, when I set a temperature and then later try to change it, I don'
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not that I can think of.
JA: Our top HVAC Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the HVAC Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the HVAC Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

It's not clear what you're difficulty is. Are you trying to override the programming?