Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I'm trying hook up a replacement motor and now I have 5

Customer Question

I'm trying hook up a replacement motor and now I have 5 wires instead of 3
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: I have a protech 51-20355-11 motor and can't seem to figure which wire to use other than the black brown purple
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Motor is 51-23055-11
JA: Our top HVAC Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the HVAC Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the HVAC Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 7 months ago.

Hello, three is a wiring diagram glued onto the side of the motor, if you can take a photo of it, and attach it here using the paper clip icon at the right end of the tool bar, and take a picture of the wiring diagram glued inside the blower service door I can mark those up with wiring instructions.

Photo's must be taken close up, from straight on, and be very will lit and focused.

We can go from there.