Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.

The valve flame light on my boiler controller is blinking,

Customer Question

the valve flame light on my boiler controller is blinking
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: it is a Honeywell S9301a in a Trianco heatmaker MarkII
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: if I shut the power to the unit wait 1 min and turn it back on the boiler eventualy will light after a few cycles
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

Welcome to Just Answer, my name is ***** ***** I will do my best to help you with your issue. If my initial response doesn’t answer your question then let me know and we can continue our conversation.

This could be caused by a failing igniter. Do you have an ohm meter?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

Ok, then disconnect the connector to the igniter and probe the connections. A good igniter should read between 50 & 200 ohms. If it falls within that range remove it and check for any defects no matter how small. A little white powder is ok. Don't touch the surface of the igniter with your bare fingers. Hold it by the ceramic insulator. If the igniter test outside that range or has any flaws at all then replace it.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
It should be replaced. Where can I find the part number? There is no markings on it.
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

Take it to a plumbing supply house. They're likely to have a generic replacement.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok thank you
Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

You're welcome.

Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

Expert:  Rick replied 7 months ago.

I'd appreciate a favorable rating