HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

The gas is not igniting on my furnise. The initial fan kicks

Customer Question

The gas is not igniting on my furnise.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The initial fan kicks on and I even hear the gas blowing but the gas won't light
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: Not to my knowledge the light on the circuit board is lit solid the burners just won't light
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

What kind of furnace do you have make and model, is it an ignitor furnace? Or a spark ignition?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
gmt power vented multi-position gas furnace model IO-180C
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Are you there?

Yes is the ignitor glowing?

Or is the inducer motor coming on at all?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Inducer motor is coming on the igniter is not glowing.

OK check and see if the ignitor is broken or if you have a volt meter see if there is power to the ignitor across the two wires to the ignitor. The ignitor may be broken and bad.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
We discovered the igniter is broken. We will have to find a replacement part tomorrow. Thanks.

Great

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU