BillyHvac
BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics
12672042

We have york outdoor furnace model # D2NA060N09025D serial

Customer Question

We have york outdoor furnace model # ***** serial #NBLMO18815.
My control board part #s1-03102959000 and some how wires got burn out. I've replaced the most wire but there's few wires I don't know where goes.
1) There's 2 wires out from draft inducer black wire and lilac wire-where does this two wire hook in to control board.
2) There's 1 black wire from the blower - where this wire hook in to control board.
3) There's 1 lilac wire from 24v transformer - where this wire hook in to control board.
4) There's 1 lilac wire from AC terminal - where does this wire hook up too.
Please help me with this wire hook up I'm desperate.
Thanks.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Can you upload a picture of the wiring diagram?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't have the wire diagram

DO you have a new board that one is not going to work.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This is the new control board.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I just need where does 4 wire go to on the control board. Are you working on it?

The BLACK WIRE FROM THE BLOWER SHOULD CONNECT TO THE HEAT TERMINAL

WHEN YOU SAY AC WIRE WHERE IS THAT FROM?

ALSO WHICH TRANSFORMER WIRE IS IT THE HOT OR GROUND?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You said black wire from blower goes to heat terminal. That's not right. I think it goes to motor terminal on the control board on the left bottom on the control board (the picture I've sent )

The black wire is the high speed wire for the blower and would go to the terminal marked HEAT. I am not sure why you are asking me if you want to put them somewhere else.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How long can we chat

I am going offline soon were you trying to get this done tonight?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have to get back to you or someone tommorow

ok

Expert:  BillyHvac replied 8 months ago.

Here are the terminals you need:

1) There's 2 wires out from draft inducer black wire and lilac wire-where does this two wire hook in to control board.....The black goes to DI (draft Inducer) the lilace to N2 (any N works)
2) There's 1 black wire from the blower - where this wire hook in to control board.,,,,,the black from motor goes to COOL...Red to HEAT...Blue to UNUSED MOTOR LEADS.
3) There's 1 lilac wire from 24v transformer - where this wire hook in to control board.....this hooks to another one of the N terminals (all N terminals are the same)
4) There's 1 lilac wire from AC terminal - where does this wire hook up too....I dont know of a terminal marked AC on the board..but being lilac it would follow suit to go on N terminals.

If you need further help my name is***** have unit diagram and all information needed to wrap this up.

Billy

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Question #4 is i believe contactor, color ( lilac) wire --where does this wire hook in to terminal on control board.
Do you want me to send the picture?

yes please...if I can see what the component is I can direct

If it comes from the cylinder that the blower motor attaches to it also goes to a N terminal.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok. I'll contact you around 10am. Thanks.

You are welcome.

Just request Billy once you return and we will finish

Billy

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi billy,
Here's 2 picture
1) lilac color wire coming out from AC contactor? I'm holding where this wire attached to board.
2) wire I'm holding coming from transformer, where this wire attached to board.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Does all N1,N2,N3,N4,N5, terminal are the same?

I have returned..are you ready?

See attached pic...

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
This wire came from contrboard not at tattoo AC contactor. I need to know where this wire attached to control board terminal.And, you haven't explain my question.

Got ya...that is also a N terminal....N1,2,33,4,5, = all the same N connection..any N will suffice

I am online for another few hours so let me know if you need anything

Billy

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You said, (BLOWER) black wire goes to COOL, red wire goes to HEAT, What about the terminal right next to COOL, (cont) any wire attached to this terminal?
Look ficture please.

do you use continuous fan mode?

If so put blue wire there. CONT is an option.

in the old board it was not an option so any wire from blower other than COOL, HEAT and N went to unused leads.

The new board has the CONT feature, so either leave it empty or put blue there...but it will be continuous blower

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
this 2 lilac color wires, on the picture goes to any N terminal? Is that right?

See page 21 HERE

I show one purple going to transformer from middle contactor pole.

Another purple going to capacitor.

Are there 2 purple to middle contactor already?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You meant, purple wire from transformer goes to capacitor. Where is the capacitor located?
The other purple wire from contactor came from control board. Both those 2 purple wire are from , CONTROL BOARD ....what I needs to find out where These 2 purple wire plugged in on the control board.
This 2 wires cut, I need to attached female plug to plugged into the terminal. .
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Here's the wire diagram, if it helps.

Capacitor - follow brown wire and purple wire from blower motor. The capacitor is small cannister with 2 sets of terminals on top. Brown from motor on one side...purple from motor and purple from contactor on other side.

Purple from control board = N

Any purple from board is N

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I don't understand, because this 2 wires out from control board.

ok, I see that all purples that go to the board in unit schematic went to N terminals.

The 2 you have...you said they came from a plug?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Both of 2 purple wire plugged into N terminal on the control board. Is this right?

correct

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok. Let me try that and run the furnace. Hope it doesn't burn the wire or shorted out. Or blow off due to wrong attached wires.
Are you be around for wile I'll get back to you later how was the result.
Thanks

I am going to leave for about 30 min and then log back on.

Just check the schematic I sent if any concerns

Billy

I have returned and seeing if there is an update

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi Billy,Are you there?Furnace still not working. There's no light on the thermostat.
It seems like wrong with wiring. You said on the Contactor & Transformer 2 purple wire goes on to N terminal on the control board.
But there's 2 black wire the other side of contactor and transformer, where this 2 black wires goes on to control board. Here's the picture 2 black wire that I'm holding from contactor & transformer.
On the diagram what is( HUM) it seems like 2 wires has to connect to control board one wire goes to hum and 1 wire connect to N.

first...the purple in your hand...is that from board?

Also with that catastrophic melt down, did you test transformer? I dont see how the transformer could be good...is that replaced also?

And HUM is if you had a add on humidifier

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
You said, The 2 purple wire goes to N terminal on control board.Where does 2 black wire go to, on the control board.

What does the black wire come from??

whats at the other end?

do you have 2 blacks on S1 S2?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Black wire came from control board. If you look in the picture black wire come out from transformer and contactor. Please let me know where this 2 black wires goes on to control board.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
What's s1 and s2 wire hooks too.

The transformer black goes to S2 bottom right board here

http://f01.justanswer.com.s3.amazonaws.com/EKgomG8b/20160318_210412.jpg

Black wire from contactor 3rd pole goes to S1

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok I'll try that. I have to off line for couple hours. I'll get back to you later. Thanks.

we need to know if transformer puts out 24v also

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have multimeter and how do I check if transformer is ok? Just want to make sure that, 2 purple wire from transformer and contactor attached to N terminal on control board right?

that is correct..purple from transformer goes to N

Purple from the middle contactor pole ends up at N

Test for 24v at terminals brown and red from transformer 24v side. The brown and red go to xfmr/SEC.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Ok. I'll tested it and let you know later. Thanks million.

Good luck..hold this on your end until ready.

Billy

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi billy,Where does blue wire from blower connected to on control board.

It can go to UNUSED MOTOR LEADS

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi,billy
Thurmestat doesn't light up. I checked the transformer it seems to be fine.
I checked the fuse and 2 of the 3 fuses are out. I need to buy the fuse and try again tomorrow or Monday. On the Contactor in the middle there's square button, is this reset button. I checked with the multimeter contactor doesn't seem to work but when I pushed and hold the square button it seems to work fine.
Let's go over one wire at a time and see if I attached the wire on right order.
1)black wire from blower - connect to cool on control board.
2)red wire -heat 3) purple wire from inducer - terminal N. 4) black wire from inducer - D1
Purple wire from transformer -N. 5) black wire from contactor - S1. 6) black wire transformer -S2. 7) purple wire from contactor - N. 8) brown wire from contactor - C. 9) yellow wire from contactor - Y. 10)brown wire from transformer - C. 10am ) red wire -goes to Xbox one control board terminal. This is all the wire that plug-in to control board terminal.
I know it'll take some time to go over all this wire to see if install correctly.
Thank you for your time and effort. I appreciate it very much.
If all the wire is correctly installed I'll buy the buses and see if it runs.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Blue wire from blower - unused motor lead.

it all looks correct except.....

red wire -goes to Xbox one control board terminal....

If this is red wire from thermostat it goes to R.om motor goes to unused motor leads

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Great. I'll try that on Monday.
Thank you. Have a wonderful weekend.Doug.

you are welcome.

As before, keep this on your side until ready or the system forces me to respond.

Billy

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
How about the Contactor issue? Is this in the picture contactor? In the middle square button reset button?

the center square is not a reset button.

It is just part of the contactor to be able to visably tell if it is in up or down position.

The square is neither reset nor an operational part of connection but rather just to show position of connecting rail..whether it is up or down

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
When I tested with my multimeter, square button up position there's no current. When I pushed the square button (down ) it works. Is this normal or needs to replace with one.

The contactor is bridge. Power sits on one end waiting to cross over.

On the sides of the contactor are a brown wire and a yellow wire....it is these 2 wires that close the bridge. by pressing down you are doing what the thermostat signal to Y terminal on board does.

The contactor is only for ac....the board you replaced is mainly for heating.

The transformer I wanted tested is what supplies 24v to the thermostat and back to operate heating and cooling.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi billy, Aactually, the furnace is for my church answer is didn't have time to check it out yet, I got busy with work. Anyway, I'll try it sometime this week and let you know how it went.
Anyway , what( or where) is the Xbox one control board ?

no problem, just disregard computer generated reminders

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi. Billy,
Unfortunately Thurmestat doesn't light up. Could you please go over the wire list and make sure all the wire are in correct oder?
What do u mean by RED wire goes to to Xbox one control terminal.

that is actually something from one of your replies I said I did not understand..I said:

it all looks correct except.....

If this is red wire from thermostat it goes to R. On motor goes to unused motor leads

did you ever test the transformer?..it may be bad from the shorts/melting

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Red wire xbox terminal? I dont understand ? Is this XMFER on the control board. I have checked the transformer red to black it has current.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Hi billy,
Please look at the diagram picture I've sent, on transformer 24v. one wire plugged in to X and the other wire to COM. You said one wire from transformer (purple ) to N, and the black wire to S2 Which is right?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Here's the picture.

please show me a pic of the 4 wires from transformer and you have them.

Should be black 120 v to transformer on s1 (or 2)

White from transformer to N

Then the 2 24v ...one to xfmr

and other to sec

As far as the "Xbox" I think you went to type xfmr but your computer/phone/tablet autocorrected and thought you wanted xbox. There is nothing to do with xbox on this system...it is a typo or autocorrect

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I thought you said, purple wire from transformer goes to N. Now you said white wire goes to N. Which is right? I'm confused.

your schematic says white, the unit has purple...

Purple and white both = N

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Transformer have ,
RED, PURPLE, BLACK, Brown & green together
I've sent the picture back in March 18th conversation. (No White color wire)
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I meant March 19th conversation.

Transformer:

brown to SEC

Red to xfmr

purple to N

black to S2

Purple to N

but we still do not know if the transformer has 24v