Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a Fantech VHR 1405R HRV unit controlled by a fantech

Customer Question

I have a Fantech VHR 1405R HRV unit controlled by a fantech eco-touch. Yesterday I removed the the core and grills for cleaning and then put them back. Now I have a E01 code on the eco-touch that won't go away. During the cleaning process I didn't unplug the unit I just removed the cover of the unit and removed the core. I've tried unplugging the unit and then plugging it back in after about a minute but the E01 code is still there. How do I fix this?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 7 months ago.

Notice warning on top of page one regarding working on the unit with the power connected.

Try turning the power to the unit off for 10 seconds, then turn it back on and tell me how that worked,

We can go from there without a time limit. Please do not forget to rate my work when we get it fixed.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I unplugged the unit for 10 seconds and then plugged it back in. The E01 code is still present. I then unplugged it again, but this time for approximately 1 minute, and then plugged it back in. The E01 code still hasn't gone away. I also remembered that this morning there was a power outage at my house for approximately 15 minutes. Not sure if the power outage would have this affect.
Expert:  Phil replied 7 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** like the printed circuit board may have been damaged by the power spike that hit it during the power outage, or by working on the unit without turning power off to it,

If you can send me two photo's one of the printed circuit card so that I can see the entire card clearly, and one of the wiring diagram glued to the inside of the units electrical control panel, close up, well focused and from straight on.... I can mark them up with further trouble shooting instructions,

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Here's a the photo's you requested. I couldn't get a clearer pic of the circuit card without unplugging some wires.
Expert:  Phil replied 7 months ago.

Hello again, coaching you trouble shooting that inaccessible mess of wire connections could take days, and still not end well.

I am going to leave you with the statement that replacing the printed circuit board has a 70 to 80% chance of working, the rest is too compact and the diagram the manufacture provided on the printed circuit board is too vague to allow reasonable trouble shooting of anything else.

I will opt out, we can see if anyone else here has a better idea for you.