Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Lennox Elite 24L8501 pilot light isn't working, The

Customer Question

my Lennox Elite 24L8501 pilot light isn't working
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The blower works fine, but it's blowing out cold air
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 8 months ago.

Hello, there can be 5 or 6 things that cause the pilot not function, tell me a lot about your technical skills sets and if you have a multi meter so that i can coach you most effectively please.

Expert:  Phil replied 8 months ago.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I have no skill set and I was under the impression it would be simple to just relight the pilot
Expert:  Phil replied 8 months ago.

Hello, with modern electronically controlled furnaces its not as simple as relighting the pilot, that approach was good for furnaces built earlier than 1975 however.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
okay so what are my options?
Expert:  Phil replied 8 months ago.

Tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will look for a well rated local furnace service outfit that can arrive repair the furnace.