Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

My Lennox Elite 24L8501 pilot light isn't working, The

Customer Question

my Lennox Elite 24L8501 pilot light isn't working
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The blower works fine, but it's blowing out cold air
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Hello, there can be 5 or 6 things that cause the pilot not function, tell me a lot about your technical skills sets and if you have a multi meter so that i can coach you most effectively please.

Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I have no skill set and I was under the impression it would be simple to just relight the pilot
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Hello, with modern electronically controlled furnaces its not as simple as relighting the pilot, that approach was good for furnaces built earlier than 1975 however.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
okay so what are my options?
Expert:  Phil replied 11 months ago.

Tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city and I will look for a well rated local furnace service outfit that can arrive repair the furnace.