Phil
Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial
23932409

When I turn my air thermostat on, air comes out of my inside

Customer Question

Hi, my name is***** turn my air thermostat on, air comes out of my inside vents, but it isn't cold. i went outside to check the unit, but it isn't running and the fan isn't spinning.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: The outside unit isn't running at all. Not making any noise, and the fan isn't spinning.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Phil replied 8 months ago.

Hello, make sure the disconnect switch on the wall in in the ON position, then go to your house breaker panel and locate the breaker labeled 'AC' or 'air conditioner' and turn it OFF.

Then.. push it hard to the OFF position, then turn it back on.

Tell me what if anything happens, and a lot about your technical skill levels, if none of that is in your bag of tricks, tell me which direction you are from the center of the nearest city.

We can go from there.

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It still doesn't work after I switched the breaker.
Expert:  Phil replied 8 months ago.

Thanks, ***** ***** please you have the tools and skills needed to remove the outside high voltage electrical service panel on the heat pump and perform some tests or not.

If not, tell me which direction you are are from the center of the nearest city, this will no be something that most people will be able repair themselves...its a problem with the electronics inside the equipment or a refrigerant leak that needs to be repaired or some such.

Let me know, we can go from there.

Expert:  Phil replied 8 months ago.

I will locate a few well rated HVAC repair outfits for you in that case.