Tim H.
Tim H., HVAC Professional
Experience:  Experienced in all aspects of HVAC, both residential and commercial.
27228809

My name is ***** *****. I have a Trane with a -Rodgers Model

Customer Question

Hi my name is ***** *****. I have a Trane with a White-Rodgers Model 50A50-405. It is blowing only cool air and I am trying to heat my house. It just keeps blowing cold air. Is this something I can "fix" myself? Is there a pilot light I need to re light or something?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have had the thermostat set at 71 for a while now and it won't heat past 66 degrees. It just keeps blowing cold air. It has been unseasonably warm here for a bit until today and I have not been running it very much at all. But last night I turned it on and turned up the thermostat to 71 but it never got warm
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Tim H. replied 8 months ago.

Hi, I'm Tim and I'm an HVAC expert here to assist you with your questions. Please provide all information I request as it makes it more difficult to troubleshoot something when I'm not there onsite. Essentially, you become my eyes and ears. Thanks for the opportunity to help. At the end of our dialog, you will have a chance to rate my service, but please wait until we are finished and you're satisfied you have all the information you need. Please be patient as many times we work with several customers at once.

Can I get full furnace make and model number? Are you getting an LED flash code at the furnace?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Please cancel my request. I decided to call someone local to look at it. I apologize for the inconvenience
Expert:  Tim H. replied 8 months ago.

OK, I can certainly understand that decision. Let me know if you have additional questions. Otherwise, good luck! Thanks for using Just Answer and please don't forget to rate my service as that's how experts get paid (thanks in advance for any bonus left). Otherwise experts work at their own time and expense. Feel free to post back with any more questions.