Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

My airflow furnace five years old the fan will keep running

Customer Question

My airflow furnace five years old the fan will keep running continuously when set on on and it appears as though the furnace is trying to fire but in seconds it just pops back off and I'd like to know what the problem might be also when I open up the panel I do see some corrosion like something had been dripping or or backing up onto the The bottom of that section of the furnace
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Basically I am not getting any heat when the furnace detects it needs to kick on I hear it began to fire I see lights going on in there like it's starting to fire and then it just pops back off immediately and then it continues trying to do that over and over again
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

How fast does the flame go out?