Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I have a lenox signature stat and the screen has gone dark.

Customer Question

I have a lenox signature stat and the screen has gone dark. WHen I press on the menu button it will light up but nothing shows.
JA: OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. OK. To minimize me, please click the down arrow at the top right corner of this box. I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: The fan is still running as it is programmed to run continuously. I was trying to change the temperature setting and when I selected the temporary hold and pressed select the LCD when dark. Now I can't see anything to know what the 2 buttons mean or where I am in the menu.
JA: Sometimes HVAC issues that that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The HVAC Technician I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: I have taken the cover off and the fan turned off. When I put it back on, the fan started again. I was hoping that maybe taking the cover off would reset the unit.
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 7 months ago.

Hello, here to help you

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Too late. I have already called a service technician.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Please cancel this session.
very disappointed in how long it took to get an initial response.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 7 months ago.

I am not responsible for cancelling question, I am a independent expert that just picked your call to assist you, response time can be long sometimes as we are assisting other calls at the same times.

Are you sure? it might be a simple diagnose fix