BillyHvac, Journeyman HVAC Tech
Experience:  Endorsed for unlimited heating, cooling, oil burners, boilers, refrigeration, hydronics

My name is ***** *****. I have a Carrier Central Air unit

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****. I have a Carrier Central Air unit that will not turn on. The inside blower turns on but nothing at the outdoor unit. No fan, no compressor. On the outdoor circuit board the ED1 light is solid green and the ED2 light is flashing amber.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have voltage to the unit, but it will not kick on outside. This is the first time I have turned the unit on this season
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  BillyHvac replied 7 months ago.

what is the model number of your outdoor unit?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.

Please see page 13 HERE and tell us what the code is

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Code 32. Low Pressure Switch.

This is an auto reset when pressure rises....lets say you were running with a dirty filter and it ran low pressure....the pressure would then rise and let it try again.

If it is doing it from a dead start, you have lost refrigerant.

And of course that requires a tech visit to leak check, repair, and recharge unit