Daniel Plourde
Daniel Plourde, HVAC Technician
Experience:  hvac technichian at performance plumbing and heating

I'm trying to install a Nest thermostat and it doesnt seem

Customer Question

Hello Pearl. I'm trying to install a Nest thermostat and it doesnt seem to be getting power
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: ok, so here goes
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: i had R, G and W wires plugged in, the nest would go offline randomly claiming it needed to recharge its battery
JA: Our top HVAC Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the HVAC Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the HVAC Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Customer: after doing some reasearch online, it was recommended that i connect a blue 'C' wire. So when i went back and checked i did have a blue wire so i plugged that in and turned everything back on. The nest wouldnt power on at all. If i removed the blue wire it would power on and claim the battery was low (and that it would turn the heat on to charge its battery), plugging the C wire back in did nothing.
Category: HVAC
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I'm currently charging the unit via USB to see if that will help anything. Any advice?
Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 7 months ago.

hi i am dan i can help you with this. do you have a meter to verify voltage at the thermostat?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
i'm not at home at the moment, and i dont have a meter, but can aquire one

ok i would say the next step is to verify the voltage at the thermostat and you will need a meter for that. just reply back when you are ready to check it with the meter.

Expert:  Daniel Plourde replied 6 months ago.

hi, Were you able to get a meter and test the voltage?