Rick
Rick, HVAC Supervisor
Experience:  40+ yrs. experience as a licensed oil & gas technician.
94766

Unit will not startup. Inducer motor won't start either.

Customer Question

Unit will not startup. Inducer motor won't start either. Found bad ignitor.
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: 1018 module is blinking 4 times.I have no reference on what 4 blinks means.
JA: Is there anything else the HVAC Technician should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the HVAC Technician about your situation and connect you two.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Rick replied 9 months ago.

What is the brand and model number of your unit?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.
Intertherm. Model #mmhb-077abhr.s# ***** did find a broken ignitor. This should not stop operation of inducer motor. Am I correct in my assumption?
Expert:  Rick replied 8 months ago.

Yes, when there is a call for heat the first thing that should happen is the inducer should start up. If it doesn't then you need to check to see if you have voltage to the inducer. If you do have 120 volt to the inducer and it doesn't run then the inducer needs to be replaced. If you don't then either you have a bad board or the board isn't recognizing a call for heat. If that's the case then the first thing to try is jumping the R & W terminals on the thermostat terminal strip on the furnace. Be sure the blower door panel is properly in place. If it's not in place then the panel switch won't get pushed and you won't have power to the unit.