HVAC Guru
HVAC Guru, HVAC TECH
Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.
21107370

The Invensys ac system just works when it's in gh mode. May

Customer Question

The Invensys ac system just works when it's in high mode. May I replace the thermostat?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 8 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

Are you just wanting to replace the thermostat for the unit?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
The thermostat is just an idea. Could it be the cause?

What does it do in the other modes? Nothing? If so yes the thermostat could be bad and I would change it out.

The only way I receive any credit at all for my time is by you selecting a STAR USING THE 5 STAR or VOTING RATING SYSTEM AT THE TOP OF YOUR PAGE before you leave for me so please make sure you are rating me not another tech. If you are not happy with the service please let me know before leaving a negative rating. This will also allow you to get directly back to me for FREE follow up questions and tips are greatly appreciated! Thanks GURU

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
It just Works in high. It does nothing in med or low. If i chance the thermostat, may i used a similar one or can i upgrade to a more modern one?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Attached is the one i actual y have

Upgrade to a modern one

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Last question. Can I use a model which doesn't have low-med-high?

Yes of course you can

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I received the new thermostat and it has a total of 7(colors)+1(not used) pins. The old one has a total of 9 pins

What brand thermostat did you get?

Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Honeywell. Probably the cheapest programmable thermostat I found. Similar to the one I sent you I picture of on March 15th.

Let me see if another expert is available to assist with this issue.