Experience:  15yrs in the HVAC industry with certificates and degrees.

Have a walkin freezer. R404a system. We changed the txv out.

Customer Question

Have a walkin freezer. R404a system. We changed the txv out. Our current pressures are 33/165 with a 28 degree box and 17 degree drop across coils. Our compressor keeps tripping off on overload. We have gone almost all the way closed on the txv, which doesn't allow us to get below 10 degree box temp and all the way open which trips the compressor overload (I might have those backwards) We have been dealing with the MFG and local tech support but getting conflicting answers. Any ideas?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: What more do you need? I will provide. +-
JA: OK got it. Last thing — HVAC Technicians generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

What is the current draw on the compressor, this all points to a bad compressor.

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Compresser only has 7 amps according to technician in the field.

Is the compressor wired correctly?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
has not been messed with and wired in correctly for 9 years.

Have they tried a new overload?