Gaztech
Gaztech, HVAC Technician
Experience:  Owner at Gaztech
92290868

Quadrafire santa fe got up today, no fire, have pellets,

Customer Question

quadrafire santa fe
got up today, no fire, have pellets, cleaned, chimney is clear.
stove sounds like it starting, auger will not turn, heater for pot does come on,.
red light on inside is on and it blinks a light yellow light.
What do you think?
Category: HVAC
Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 months ago.

Hello, Let me check

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
made an error, heater for pot does not come on.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 months ago.

Occasionally the appliance may run out of fuel and shut itself down. Either hogger is pluged or hogger motor is defective, When this happens, the red call light will be on. See Figure 9.1. To restart it, fill the hopper and press the reset button. See Figure 8.1, page 8. When you press the reset button the red call light will go out. Release the button and the light will come back on. You should see a fire shortly. If not, follow the instructions on page 8, of “Starting Your First Fire”.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
pot heater should come on even with no auger.
Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 months ago.

It's the light yellow light we have to figure out.

I am checking

Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 months ago.

Have you done cleaning procedure maintenance on stove, Inspect ignitor

Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 months ago.

Appliance calls for heat. Call light illuminates. Exhaust blower starts. No feed or igniter. Thermocouple is defective or not properly plugged in. Defective control box Check connections on thermocouple or replace if defective. A fl ashing yellow light on the control box indicates a problem with the thermocouple. Replace control box

Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 months ago.

No call light. Unit does not begin start sequence. Snap Disc #3 tripped. Locate and reset.

Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 months ago.

Snap Disc #3 (Back Burn Protector) 250°F Snap disc #3 is mounted on the back of the auger tube in the center of the appliance and has a reset button. To access it remove the right side panel. If the fi re tries to burn back into the feed system or push exhaust up the feed tube, this snap disc will shut the entire system off. This disc must be manually reset.

Expert:  Gaztech replied 11 months ago.

Can you rate answer pls so I can be credited