Phil, Mechanical Engineer
Experience:  Retired HVAC/ Electrical & Boiler contractor. Industrial

I need to replace a mercury flame sensor on a ruud gas

Customer Question

Hi Pearl,
JA: What is your issue regarding?
Customer: I need to replace a mercury flame sensor on a ruud gas furnace. How complicated would that be ?
JA: I'll do all I can to help. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so we can help you best.
Customer: How do I get to the flame sensor ?? Do I need to remove everything ?? gas valve, manifold, etc...
JA: Is there anything else important you think the HVAC Technician should know?
Customer: That's it
JA: Our top HVAC Technician is ready to take your case. Just pay the $5 fully refundable deposit and I'll fill the HVAC Technician in on everything we've discussed. You can go back and forth with the HVAC Technician until you're 100% satisfied. We guarantee it.
Category: HVAC
Expert:  HVAC Guru replied 7 months ago.

Hello and thanks for using this service, if you have been waiting do not worry or get upset. I am APPLIANCE-HVAC GURU a very experienced tech on here and I try to get to as many customers as I can. I just picked up your question now.

Please allow time for me to respond, sometimes I get the questions or responses late so please be patient as I have no control over the site issues. NOTE, I have nothing to do with your payment to the site and did not receive that money.

It is not that big of a job to you do not need to remove much to get at the flame sensor on the unit, can you see it?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I can see the flame sensor but don't know how to get to it.

Do you have the model or can you upload a pic of what you are seeing so I can guide you?

Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I took some pictures. Here is the pictures. I will get the model to you later

Can you just get at the single sheet metal screw under the unit to bring the assembly down and out?